- The personal identifying information we collect
- Reasons we collect personal identifying information
- Minimum age of 13 required to establish an account
- Ways in which personal identifying information may be used
- With whom personal identifying information may be shared
- Security measures to protect information entrusted to Xap and CCCApply
- Modifying and deleting your information
Except as set forth below, personally identifiable data you enter on CCCApply is not made available or distributed to third parties, except with your express consent or at your express direction. In particular, the CCCCO and Xap will not give, sell or provide access to your personal information to any company, individual or organization for its use in marketing or commercial solicitation or for any other purpose, except with your express consent, at your direction, as is necessary for the operation of this site, or pursuant to one of the exceptions listed below.
THE PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CCCApply collects personal identifying information from you that includes (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, telephone number, parent's contact information, Social Security Number and any additional information that you are required to provide on the college admission and financial aid applications that you choose to complete on the CCCApply website.
REASONS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
CCCApply collects personal information from you primarily for three reasons. The first reason is to perform a task on CCCApply, such as filling out a specific college admission application, requested by you. The second reason is to enable you to submit in a convenient and efficient manner information that is likely to be needed when you complete college admission, financial aid and other applications and forms made available through CCCApply. The third reason is to enable Xap to respond to your questions or contact you when necessary in connection with the functioning of CCCApply. When the effective functioning of a CCCApply module does not require personal information, none is collected, and any such module can be accessed without opening an account or providing any personal data.
When you log on to CCCApply, your browser will automatically transmit to CCCApply's server the IP address of your computer and type of browser you are using. Although your browser transmits the IP address of your computer, CCCApply does not associate this IP address with any personally identifiable information regarding you.
CCCApply does not collect any personally identifiable information other than what users submit and their browsers transmit.
MINIMUM AGE OF 13 REQUIRED TO ESTABLISH AN ACCOUNT
CCCApply will not collect any information from persons who are not yet 13 years old. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not authorized to create an account on CCCApply, but you can utilize those portions of CCCApply that do not involve the collection of personal information from users.
WAYS IN WHICH PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE USED
CCCApply will use your personal identifying information to complete the following forms, to obtain information for you and to effect transactions on your behalf, in each case only upon your instructions to do so:
- Complete applications for admission.
- Complete financial aid applications.
- Communicate your requests for information or material to colleges or other institutions you have specified.
Your personal identifying information may also be used for the following purposes:
- We may use your identifying information to help diagnose problems with CCCApply's server and to administer the CCCApply website.
- Summary data representing a compilation of aggregate data representing CCCApply users may be collected by Xap and provided to various entities including colleges and other educational institutions represented on CCCApply. NO PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS MADE AVAILABLE AS PART OF THESE SUMMARY REPORTS. Some examples of summary data are the number of monthly visitors to the site, the number of admission applications submitted over CCCApply, and the CCCApply functions utilized by students in specified age ranges or other demographic categories.
WITH WHOM PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
Any time you request that we perform a task that involves a transfer of data, the data related to the performance of that task will be made available to a recipient you designate or to a service provider assisting us in completing that task. For example:
- If you submit an application for admission to a college or other educational institution, the personal data required to complete that application will be provided on your behalf to the admissions office of the institution to which you are applying.
- If you request that your data be transferred to FAFSA on the Web to help you fill out your federal financial aid application, data relevant to that application will be provided to a processor specified and authorized to process your financial aid applications (FAFSA) by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you request that a college or other educational institution send you material, your contact information will be provided to that institution.
SECURITY MEASURES TO PREVENT MISUSE OF INFORMATION ENTRUSTED TO CCCApply
CCCApply causes the data you input to be encrypted when in route between your browser and the CCCApply server and when in route between the CCCApply server and some other browser or server. This practice helps prevent unauthorized third parties from intercepting and gaining access to your private data during transmission over the Internet. CCCApply uses 128-bit, Secure Socket Layer encryption supported by all common browsers.
Data residing on the CCCApply server is password protected, and access is provided only to the account holder who created the password, anyone to whom that account holder entrusted the password, authorized staff of the California Community Colleges and CCCCO, and those employees of Xap who require such access to administer and maintain the CCCApply system or to provide requested customer support to users of CCCApply. Each Xap employee who has access to the data residing on the CCCApply server has agreed in writing to respect the privacy of all such personal data.
The cookies used by CCCApply are set when you log on to CCCApply and are erased when you log off CCCApply or completely close your browser. No cookies are transferred to your computer if you do not log on to CCCApply.
Cookies cannot be used to steal personal information or to gain access to information that you did not directly provide.
MODIFYING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You may update, otherwise modify or delete from the data stored on CCCApply any personal information you previously provided. To modify personal information, (i) log on to CCCApply, (ii) open an application, (iii) modify that information, and (iv) save the change. To delete personal information that is not a required field to be completed in an application, (i) log on to CCCApply, (ii) open an application, (iii) delete the information you want to remove from CCCApply, and (iv) save the change. To delete personal information that is a required field in applications, or otherwise completely delete your account, you will need to contact Xap in writing (call 1-800-GO-TO-XAP or 1-800-468-6927 for further information) to request that some or all of your information be deleted.
Changes to Submitted Applications
Once your application is submitted through CCCApply, it becomes part of the records of the college to which it was submitted. If you believe there is an error on an application submitted through CCCApply, you must contact the college to which it was submitted for correction.